Recplas is a specialist Polycarbonate recycler – we guarantee to pay the highest prices for Polycarbonate for all grades
You will know PC as Poly, Polcarb, or brand names such as Tristar (PT&S) , Lexan (Sabic), Calibre (Dow) or Makrolon (Bayer).
We normally receive scraps of extruded sheet, profile tubes, or rods which have been cut or formed. PC is also injection moulded, and we will also be happy to talk to you about sprues or rejected parts.
We will pay you immediately, and we have constant demand for this high-value thermoplastic.
Common injection moulded examples are:
- Compact Discs, DVDs, Blue-Ray Discs
- Drinking Bottles / Glasses (large water-bottles used on coolers)
- Laboratory Equipment
- Lighting lenses, safety eye glass lenses, car headlamps
- Toys e.g. RC Cars and other hard-wearing toys
Common sheet examples are:
- Machine guards
- Riot shields / protective equipment
- Instrument panels
- Light covers
Polycarbonate is often mixed with PMMA (acrylic) as they share many applications. Both used extensively by Sign and POS fabricators.
You can mix PC and PMMA together but the value is higher for segregated streams.
- Solid sheet scraps
- Multiwall sheet scraps
- Injection moulding sprues
- Redundant / scrap parts